Thursday, May 7, 2009

The big kid outruns

We worked on novice level outruns today. 100 yards. It was a bit ugly at first. We tried it with the sheep on top of a hill but I think that + further than she run out before was too much. So, we put the sheep at the bottom of the hill so we took one diffiult part out of the equation. It was much easier for her this way. She tried to cross over, but she did it very early on (like two steps out from me) so it was easy to correct her. Then, everything went pretty well. She needed some help with confidence out at the top (a redirect). The first few outruns were like out-trots but as her confidence grew she ran faster. I was pretty proud of her. Oh, also, I watched her watch the lead sheep to cover and help cover the draw. That's a really big step for her.

I wish I had access to sheep more than 30 minutes once a week. There are so many things I want to work on. Like today, all we had time for was outruns--not really any driving or anything. I just think Soda could be so much more with more practice.

Anyone have sheep and need an indentured servant? I can throw hay with the best of them and my poo scooping skills are unparralled. Annnnd you need to live near Orange County, CA.

OR, are there any extremely wealthy men who really like chubby red-heads and want to buy me a ranch and don't mind the fact that I have a boyfriend?

No?

Really? No?

well... I'll make do, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment