Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just plugging right along

We plugged right along at driving today. I see little improvements every time. It is slow though!

We put the sheep out at like, 50 yards away and sent Soda out and stopped her about 1/2 way, then asked her to walk up. It was MUCH better than the last time we tried this. She does look at me a lot, which Terry says is normal. That made me feel much better! Soda almost took an inside flank today and that was pretty impressive. I say almost because I stopped her before it truly became an inside flank but that was something that before she would have had a lot of trouble with.

All in all, I think I need to remember patience, remember that this is a learning process for both of us and I should stop being so covetous of the well-bred border collies for whom this is so much less difficult! I'm not poo-pooing Soda, but there is a big difference! I am daily proud of how much Soda has improved and how much heart she has.

We're running in another HRD trial this weekend for funzies. That will finish the title for me. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment