Friday, May 29, 2009

Just a boring ol' lesson!

Pretty much just the usual. We worked on driving. BLEGH. It's so slow going. The impatient part of me (that's like 98% of me) says NOW NOW NOW NOW!

Patience is a virtue. I must remember that.

She did drive further than ever before so that's good. Not having inside flanks is a problem--it's takes FOREVER for her to swing around me to get to the sheep. Well, I almost forgot--she did take two inside flanks on Thursday. I was really surprised. It's just another one of those "things".

I did have to get on her about her stop. She totally blew me off on the fetch and was just basically chasing the sheep. Not cool. It's just something I find we have to frequently revisit to make sure she understands that stop really does mean stop.

My plan is to start her on whistles this Wednesday. I'm really anxious to see how she takes to it because she gets really excited when she hears other people blowing them.

I have a trial this weekend up in Llano. I hope we do well. I feel confident about the "B" course but am still shaky on "A" course. We'll see.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment